Sprouted Grain Bread or Whole Grain Bread?

Posted by Muangthai Agent | Posted in , , , | Posted on 9/17/2554 10:59:00 หลังเที่ยง


So the last couple trips to the grocery store I've bought sprouted bread instead of the normal whole grain bread I usually buy.
Sprouted grain bread seems like it's gaining popularity, but I wanted to see if it's really more nutritious than breads made from dormant grain.
Personally, I found both varieties of the sprouted grain bread I purchased to be a little dry and chewy for my liking, but the bag tells me that sprouted bread is a "miracle" and that it contains more nutrients than standard whole grain bread.
Well, I'm not sure if I would call any bread a miracle, but I can easily compare it nutritionally to non-sprouted grain bread.
(Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame) Serving size: 1 slice (34g)
Ingredients: Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Rye, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Oats, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Corn, Organic Sprouted Brown Rice, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt
Source: Food For Life
(Roman Meal 100% Whole Grain Bread) Serving size: 1 slice (32g)
Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Water, Whole Wheat, Vital Wheat Gluten, Brown Sugar, Whole Rye, Yeast, Honey, Molasses, Soybean Oil, Salt, Cultured Wheat Flour, Yeast Nutrients (Ammonium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Dough Conditioners (Malted Barley Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Enzymes), Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (Iron), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), and Folic Acid, Soy Lecithin.
Source: Schwebels
I know there are probably healthier whole grain breads out there, but comparing these two popular brands, it's easy to see which one is the better choice. Not only does the sprouted bread fair better nutritionally, but ingredient wise it is much healthier. The whole grain bread contains three types of added sugar and has to artificially add many of the nutrients. Sprouted bread also is a complete protein source because of the combination of grains and legumes used.
Miracle or not, I think I will continue to buy sprouted bread even though it tends to be less moist than I prefer.
Have you tried sprouted bread? What do you think of it?
View the original article here

Comments (0)

แสดงความคิดเห็น